- Home is where the heart is, isn’t it ?
- Sustainable Villages: Rural Housing for the Future
- Jo Cox MP, RIP
- We urge you to vote REMAIN on June 23rd
- Don’t forget Labour in local democracy even in Wiltshire!
- The Vale – town, coast and country – seats we need to win
- Understanding your members, the Broadlands experience
- Britain is a broad land, and Labour should organize to reflect that . . .
Monthly Archives: March 2015
Tweet The local political scene in St Albans is competitive, with a District Council hanging on to a thin Tory majority, and the minority split between Labour and the Lib Dems. We also have two Green Councillors, and UKIP are … Continue reading
Tweet A few months ago, I attended a ‘stand for councillor’ evening at the offices of North Norfolk District Council. It was open to ‘anyone interested in becoming a candidate and would like to find out more about what being … Continue reading
Tweet I have lived in Hampshire for a large portion of my life and worked in a local authority in a predominantly rural county, so have seen first hand the kinds of unique issues people face when living in the … Continue reading
Tweet Despite the idyllic postcard look and feel to Powys, if you scratch the surface there is real poverty and deprivation – sometimes disguised by our rolling hillsides. The Independent-run council has happily allowed more than 1000 of its workers … Continue reading
Tweet I was astonished and genuinely outraged (as others have been) at the reported remarks of my MP Conservative George Freeman. When answering questions about the low enforcement and prosecutions for those not paying the minimum wage (under this government, … Continue reading